Sunday

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!! We interrupt this blog to announce the creation of another one! If you are bored, have nothing better to do, or are simply trying to kill time then we've got the perfect solution: http://www.anneliesstories.blogspot.com/ Its just a blog that has Dolly's first attempts at writing...(heheh). Critiques desperatly needed, Compliments naturally wanted. There's also her friend's stories on http://www.deidrahansen.blogspot.com/ which she highly recommends! (But hey, I'm just lucky you read this one. I probably shouldn't push it.)


Anyways, Halloween has been great this year! I dressed up like a viking, using my dad's real deer fur, lots of leather belts, my boots, a borrowed hat, and a borrowed toy sword that goes from the floor to my shoulder! My inspiration...


I took my little brother trick-or-treating since my mom had to help my other brother with his class station at the carnival and some maniac in a mask really scared him. I'll just say I began to feel my big-sisterly instincts creep in and I almost wanted to tear his mask off and say, "Hey, the kid's four; give him a break!" But I figure that's just part of Halloween.

After everything, I went with some friends to a church dance where you got to wear your costume. On ladies' choice I asked a guy who was dressed like a missionary and discovered he likes to write too :) Two other people asked me to dance and four people asked if they could play with my weapon. My conclusion of the night, "They only like me for my sword."

My one friend (the one who's blog I just advertised) was driving and when she dropped the other one off we began talking about one of the guys who had been following her around at the dance--the newest member of her fan club. I jokingly told her that and she chuckled mirthlessly saying she wasn't even in her fan club. My humble friend then began to tell me of the trial of being the girl who somehow always got the guy. With a roll of her eyes she explained how they didn't know the half of her and how awkward things can get. She described annoying text messages, unwanted drama, and how much she couldn't wait for the goofy highschool stages to be overwith and for everyone to grow up.
Call it hormones, teenagers, drama, or all the above, by the end of that ride I suddenly didn't feel so bad for only dancing with a few people. I had a paradigm shift.

I once heard a quote, "If the grass is greener on the otherside it must rain a lot more over there." This seemed to illustrate it. We look around at some people and naturally think they have everything. But I've come to see what may be one of the reason's God is 'no respector of persons'. We all have the same amount of problems as well as blessings, though they may come in many different shapes and forms. I also heard someone talk of how if we all got together and threw our problems into a pile in order to trade them, we'd all rush for our own because we wouldn't want anyone elses.

So let us enjoy the blessings we have and problems that we don't.

No comments: