Tuesday

Stepping Out of the World Into the World

I had just finished my homework and was wondering what to do next. Of course there was the options of surfin' the web, clicking on my tunes, and other brilliant time-wasters but the scene from my bedroom window softly chided me. The irrigation ditch in our backyard was running full with the sun hitting it so perfectly, like it was trying to outshine the screen of my laptop.

So, with a sigh, I finally surrendered and decided it never hurt anyone to just step outside and enjoy the weather for once. And what do you know? It didn't.



A great man once said that we didn't need a miraculous sign to see that God existed,
just a nature walk.




And that's when my camera ran out of batteries...It was a real shame too because them were some clouds overhead--let me tell ya! And if you look at my mother's blog you can see that I got my appreciation for these simple things from her. (My photography on the other hand...)



Yeah I got some weird looks with this one, taking pictures of weeds off the side of the road--wilting ones at that. But I just couldn't resist the concept that struck me (Sorry it's hard to see, you're just going to have to look real close): How many of us, no matter how small, when all else droops, remain standing tall?

And this heavenly sight is what greeted me when I got back from my little adventure. This, my friends, is a deluxe, homeade banana muffin (with homeade frosting I might add.) Life doesn't get much better than this folks :)
So go for it. If you don't have a backyard for flowers, you have a windowsill. Hit the park, go take snapshots of an inspiring hill of dirt. I don't care, I just thought I'd share my reminder of the small joys in life that seem to make everything a little better.

No comments: