Sunday

From the Inside, Out

This week's been an interesting because of one thing. Funny how having a blog can do that to your weeks. Anyways, you all know that story that I'm trying to write. Well, this week I have slammed into the dreaded wall of writer's block. I came to the conclusion that I didn't like my storyline and everything came to a screeching halt.

Basically, all week I haven't been able to figure out what to do with myself. What do I usually do in my free time? Write. How much free time do I have? Refer to post about tiny clay people. I have even taken up my old Pokemon game folks! I haven't touched that thing since the 6th grade. This is serious stuff!

And though I have managed to catch Abra and get my beaver-looking dude to level 22, the whole thing's really been stressing me out. There's only weeks before this thing and I've up and decided I want to restart all 142 pages. And I know its not like their going to publish me, but I want to show them my very best.

So, at my mother's request, I asked for a father's blessing.

Strangely, the blessing had very little to do with my writing. It seemed to cover every other problem in my life, but not my silly story. At first I felt a little disapointed. But the more I thought about it and the more I acted on the words and promptings, I realized that it wasn't so much my story that had come to a block as much as it was me. It wasn't my manuscript that needed fixed near as much as it was me that needed it.

As soon as I tried to fulfill some of the promises in there, such as working on one tree at a time instead of the whole forest, things clicked a little better.

I still want to rewrite my story, but I'm not really stressing. Everything else is working better and it helps me to see things in a brighter light. I'm still just as excited and I've drawn even more pictures of my characters. I'm sure when I present my writing thus far, I'll probably get little more than a, "Keep it up kid." But that's fine. I have an inner peace now and there's more to life than ficitonal lives.

I guess my point is that sometimes the solutions to my problems aren't neccesarily what I think they might be. Heavenly Father sees me fully. Past, future, inside, and out. He knows what's going on with me really. That's why its so important to trust Him! I tried to change from the outside in, while He knows how to change from the inside, out.


No comments: