Sunday

Another Obsessive Burst of Ideas That I'm Sure You'd just LOVE to Read

Christmas rocked. As Christmas always does. I can't wait to tell all my college friends about my small-town Christmases. I rode in my uncle's jinglebell horse buggy, had a family/friend sing-along around the piano (mistletoe and all), watched a live nativity with a 'live' camel (a llama named Quazy), and stared with awe at the lumenaries that lined main street, marking Santa's landing strip.

Yes, thanks to my family who pops in the Christmas cds in November and tries to cram every Christmas movie, activity, and string of lights they can into it, I'll forever love christmas. And be too partied out for any New Years celebrations.

Anyways, though I'm sure you are all sick of it, we had a lesson today in church that reminded me of all the talents I enjoy developing probably more than people love me sharing.

Either way, I love sharing. So I guess you're going to just have to grin and bear it. You see,  my parents let me sign up for a writer's conference that's coming in a few months for my birthday and if I don't get some of the excitement out of my system now then my poor friends will have to take the brunt of it when I go back to school this week. So I apologize ahead of time.

I give you: years of watching Disney movies, countless evenings in Grandma's backyard, and a really nice art teacher who lets me draw whatever I feel like. In other words, my characters and daydreams on paper.



















Disclaimers: my computer is formatting weird. I'm probably only on page 120. And I copied the handsome likes of Flynn Rider for at least three of my princes.  But my point is that either I'm just a nerd who somehow managed to get named Homecoming Queen or I just might be on to something here. Because I've had lots of story ideas, but none of them has gripped me this hard. Usually the excitement of them fades after a month or so, but not this one (as you can probably tell). Even the writing playlist on my iPod has taken the place of my running playlist when I lace up my tennies because I love daydreaming about it. Especially the characters. One of the main reasons I like writing is because of the characters. I almost want to say that they're like my friends inside my head, but that sounds a little like I need a psychiatrist, so I'll just say that they're fun. 

Again, thank you all for bearing with me. For scrolling through all my silliness and still telling me that I'm a great blogger. I love you all! And I cannot wait until that conference. It's been on my mind a lot this month because I get to personally meet with a real agent--and author--and hand over my manuscript to see what she thinks. Eeek!

So...wish me luck I guess :)

No comments: