Sunday

Follow Up

So this is the post that I knew I would post when I posted the other post. Just as expected, primary has already grown on me. I'm not exactly a pillar of organized confidence yet, but it's coming much faster than I thought it would.

I've decided my emotions sort of work like a suction cup. I quickly get attatched to things and then it takes a real effort to remove myself. I remember leaving elementry school. Unlike most kids, I was super bummed. Who in the world would want to go to a big, scary school where all you did was sit through classes all day. No recess, no arts and crafts. It didn't sound exciting at all!

And then I left high school. I've since felt myself being slowly pried away from my friends as they leave, from my favorite teachers, and just from the fun memories I have in those hallways. College still intimidates me a little but I'm not near as bad off as I was at graduation. Summer has helped calm those nerves a little.

I'm sure once I graduate from college, I'll be the same way. I just have this habit of latching myself to things and clinging tight, loving it with everything I have. And then the winds of change come and I have to pull free. It's never a super fun thing for me but then I find something else to cling to until it's time to let go again. Makes me wonder what my spirit was like when it was time for it to come to earth...

Anyways, callings are no different. I'm already falling in love with these kids. The way they focus so hard on the actions of "Nephi's Courage" and participate willingly in all the games I try to come up with. I love how the junior primary's every other answer is "Jesus!" and the senior primary's clear understanding of things. Some of them are about to enter young men's and women's. They'll fit right in. Especially since a few of them where bigger shoes sizes than me and already have me by a few inches.

So there you have it. A problem resolved. I'm sure you all already saw it coming but it just feels good to write about it. I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time leaving this primary group now but I've learned from this that I'll manage. Flourish, even. I'll take up the art of snow angels or something in Idaho :)

There has also been other doubts resolved. For example, the fact that I didnt make it into BYU Utah. Though I'm sure I don't know all of the reasons yet, I have discovered a few. Had I made it in, I would've left right after I graduated. Now I have until after Christmas to leave and this summer has been one of great growth for me. I've noticed things in myself that I didn't notice during the busy days of school and my parents have been able to teach me some valuable lessons that I don't think I would've learned otherwise. I've gained knowledge I'd much rather have before I went off on my own.

In other words, there is truly a plan for all of us. I see now that Heavenly Father's individual children are never at the back of his mind. They are always at the front. He knows just what we need when we need it and we simply need to trust.





No comments: