Sunday

The Royal Ballroom

Sorry. Again. This time I was on a group date with three sleeves of saltines, a bottle of sprite, and--yes---VeggieTales. An answer to prayer, VeggieTales. They, and only they, can keep me laughing and spluttering saltine crumbs all over the place when I have a stomach ache.

Luckily, though, it was fall break and I didn't miss any school classes. So, besides hanging out in my bathroom, I got this idea.

You see, whenever I'm not restraining myself from tossing my precalculus book across the room or scrambling through research reports, my brain gets these silly little ideas. So, since I knew I wouldn't be having any homework for a delicious five days, the creative gears in my head began turning.

I have this idea of writing all the fairytales from the point of view of the princes and including all the 'missing' parts of the stories that were supposedly never told in the originals. (like getting beaned by the twelve dwarves with an apple or finding out the fairy godmother is an enemy in disguise). Anyways, its been a playground for my imagination for a couple months now and so I finally decided to make a little ballroom of them out of clay and a leftover tile in the garage:



Most people go to sporting events or on a vacation when they get a break. I'm the nerd who turns on Micheal Buble and stays home making clay people smaller than her pinky. :)

The royal guests include...


 Cinderella and Evan (the prince names are according to my story idea).



Penelope and Peter (the princess and the pea if the dress isn't a dead give-away :)



Bell and Bryon. Yes, they all start with the same letter. I'm not sure why yet. It just sounded cool.


Lily and Lewis. I was aiming for frog with this scrawny limbs. I think I pulled off string bean instead.


Snow white and Stephen.

Aurora and Adam. I couldn't resist stealing the idea of Prince Phillip's puffy sleeves and robin-hood hat.

Odette and Oscar. It was actually sparky who came up with the color for her dress when 'helping' me by mixing my clay. Thank goodness for stubborn service :)




Rapunzel and Ryan. Funny how characters can become real in your head. Somehow these two's personalities shone through the most.


These two noble souls guard the ballroom. Seth insisted I make a fire knight and an ice knight out of more of the colors he mixed. I never asked their names but since he seems to end all made-up names with a y, I'm guessing Sir Icy and Sir Firey.


 And since its not a fairytale without the bad-guys, I made (from left to right) the fairy godmother that the creepy lady next to her disguises into, her little minion at her feet, Rothbart, the stepmother,and the stepsisters. They're not on the guest list of course but Seth appreciates them. The minion now as a Nemo fin because the knights have kicked him out for troubling the guests on several occasions.
Anyways, I just thought I'd get the little show out of my bedroom and share it. A little piece of 'Dolly's World' if you will. I hope it made you smile :)

No comments: