Sunday

We Seek After These Things

I attended a good friend's wedding reception this weekend. I had watched them take pictures the day before in my mother's emaculate yard. And, after a week of disturbing college-english assighnments, disheartening news reports, and gross conversations in my art class, it was really refreshing.

Here were these two people, completely and utterly in love and more happy than I think I'd ever seen them before. But, best of all, they were clean. Pure. I knew this couple well and they hadn't followed the normal trend of the world today. They didn't engage in any of the sickening habits that now fuel all the dramatic T.V. show series. They were faithful to themselves and each other. They deserved each other.

I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by couples like this. I catch my parents holding hands while we go on walks, watch my cousin and her husband creatively raise their small children, and hear my Seminary teacher get carried away with how wonderful he thinks his wife is. And I love it!!

I know not every marriage works out and not every child follows the ideal. I guess I'm just saying that we will find what we're looking for. There are pure things out there. There are parents who love each other. Children who nobly honor their parents. There are modest dresses, good movies, clean music, and honest people. There is joy and there is hope. However, like my two friends, we must seek after it. And it won't always be in the trends of the world. But they had their sights set on being clean and they worked at it.

And, judging by the fact that they couldn't seem to wipe those huge grins off their faces, the reward was totally worth it.

No comments: