Sunday

Hoppin in the Shower

I love showers. You step in all gritty and grimy and half-asleep like a mummy out of it's wrappings of blankets and step out like a high-quality freshly-steamed vegetable, all impurities left behind and ready to face the world!

There are also various activities that accompany this setting--all of which I reccomend. 'Serronating the showerhead' as my dear friend (and fellow writing nerd) put it, is always fun. And if you have a bad case of stage fright, I assure you that most showerheads are lousy critics. It doesn't matter if you hit that high A or not, they'll just kindly keep doing their job. So go for it, rock that Journey, belt that Josh Groban, spur that country (y'all), or, if your still a kid at heart, yell that Backyardigan's theme song. And if anyone happens to walk past the bathroom door...well, there's your chance at a singing contract so you'd best make it stick.
And then there's pondering. I don't know about you, but I've had a ton of inspirations seep
through those floral curtains. I've had story ideas, solutions to problems, prompts for new posts ;), and the list goes on. It wouldn't surprise me if the Gettysburg Adress came about by President Abraham Lincoln taking his morning wash-down. It's amazing! (And it's probably the shampoo.)

There's also gargling. Of course, this might go under the singing catagory depending on your style, but if you get good enough at it, I'm sure it can be considered it's own art.

And just standing there. It always baffled me that my little brother, who has to do nothing but run some soap through his hair, took fifteen whole minutes longer than me-and I have a whole process of cleaning I go through. I finally asked him what in the world he did and he told me he just stands there. Enjoys the warm water running down his back. Loves being a raisin. And if that's your mug of hot chocolate then cool! This world's not complete without a couple of raisins--as long as I don't have to pay your water bill.

Oh yeah, and there's getting clean. You know the drill: shampoo, conditioner, face scrubs, body washers, shaving cream--the works. It's a good thing to be clean. And even if you don't agree, I'm sure you're classmate or co-worker does.

And don't even get me started on bath towels.

No comments: