Sunday

Dance Par-tay!!

I think every teenage girl who ever gets that pleading phone call to come and babysit has a different definition of the word. For some its simply, "great..." For others, its "Alright, ten bucks here I come!" And then there's those whose definition is in the word: babysitting. They click on the T.V. and make sure the kids are at least alive when their parents come home, yelling at them from behind their cellphones. As for me, it's an invintation to a party just waiting to happen.

I had to watch my baby brother the other day, for example, and we held yet another one of our many dance sessions. And, of course, what's a dance session without costumes?


(Those are the gym shorts I borrow from my other little brother by the way. I wasn't lying.)

I have a plethera of hats hanging on my wall and, I have to admit, this kid looks better in all of them than I do! He's lucky I love him so much.

This brings me to another subject: What I want to be when I grow up. When I was younger I, for whatever reason, ambitiously dreamed of being a zookeeper. That, however, has now been replaced by the thoughts of perhaps becoming an author or, if that bellyflops, an elementry teacher.

There is one dream, however, that hasn't changed. My preschool teacher had a whole pile of coloring pages of different occupations (e.g. fireman, ballerina, police officer, vet) but she didn't have mine. She tried to convince me to be something else--at least for the class time--but I was so determined of this that she eventually surrendered and went all the way back to her house to print out the picture I requested. (I know, kind of jerkish of me.)

What is that dream, you ask? Well, though the movie's a tad corny, I think the song illustrates it well...





Woo Hoo!! Thanks for your AWESOME example Mom!!!!!! Your the inspiration for this dream.

No comments: