Sunday

The Healer

So today all I really have is a poem. It's really not anything deeply artistic, just a bunch of rhyming lines. But it was inspired by a testimony meeting where my cousin (Hi Alicia!) bore her testimony on how, no matter how small our problems are, the Lord is more than willing to help us solve them.

So here goes...

There once was a man who dwelt on a hill
Who could mend all the infirmities at his will.
This gift he offered to those below
If they would come, their wounds show.
There fast from his door grew a long line
Of those weary with problems of every kind.
Said the first at the door,
"My head is 'come sore.
For I have puzzled for hours on end
Over a complex and tedious business amend."
So the healer calmed his troubled mind
And gave him some advice to daily unwind.
Second was a villian of many sorts
Who'd made friends with the wrong kind of sports.
"Heal my scars, marks of my evil deeds."
And so He gave him exercises to fulfill these needs.
After him, up stepped a lonely mother.
"Please heal my heart. It's all a'smother.
I've lost my two children and, in life, my place."
He told her to visit often, with tears down his face.
And so it continued, each wound deeper than the one before.
And a boy in the middle began to find his own wound a bore.
"Who am I to bother this man and come?
For I have only a cut on my thumb.
It bothers me so, but I think I can live.
These people's problems are much more plaintive."
So the boy started his downhill climb
Convinced his tiny problem was a waste of time.
But the healer saw him step out of line
And beckoned, "Come, little friend of mine."
Startled, the boy turned back and
Trusting the voice, came back to stand.
The healer gently the cut brushed
And, at its insignificance, the boy blushed.
"I'm glad you came to me," the healer said,
"For even a small cut can become infected.
The longer you leave it, the worse it may get
A wound is a wound, and don't forget
In the end all need healing, and you'll see
That healing a small cut is simply more easy."


2 comments:

Alicia said...

DOLLY!!!!!!!!! You're amazing. Amazing, amazing, amazing.
Amazing.

That's all.

strongmom said...

Profound! I will always remember it.